Mission: Completed

Operation Desert Blossom is Complete!

Is it too late to send items? Unfortunately, yes. But there are people in need within every community, and many other good causes would gladly accept your donations.


Thank you all for reading and donating. It has been a tremendous blessing to me and great help to the people here. God bless!

--Matt

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Toyland!


Maybe I should have called this thing desert snowball.  So far, I've recieved 11 boxes and I think about 15 are on the way.  This week I heard about 3 church groups and a school who will be sending items also.

  Today, I met with the medic from the Navy's Provincial Reconstruction Team, who introduced me to two members of the Army Civial Affairs team, one stationed here in Ghazni, and another stationed at FOB Warrior.  They both plan on accepting and distributing donations.

   They took our first shipment today: nine boxes of children's toys.  It's going to be a great day for some local kids as they get the stuffed animals, coloring books, and bubbles.  Way to go, Vancouver!!!  Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment